Tuesday, January 29, 2008

Sex Toys Abound!

Today I am going to do a little update about me so that you can all follow along as my career as a sex educator progresses. I will do this from time to time as things change and I get new opportunities.

First of all, I am in my last semester of undergrad. To finish off my bachelors right I have taken on an independent study about the history of sexuality in America with an expert in the field. I am learning all kinds of interesting things about how sexual norms have changed over the last few hundred years. At some point I may share some of my new knowledge with you.

Secondly, I got an offer from Babeland, a feminist sex toy shop based out of New York, to review toys for this blog. They have expressed an interest in having me do monthly reviews, which would give my blog much needed content as well as giving me a lot of fun. Oh how I love sex toys. However, I already own so many sex toys that I am going to need to get a special container for all of them. I'm thinking of something that resembles a tackle box. Anyone seen anything like this or know how to make one?

Finally, and most exciting, I got a job as a sex educator at a Chicago-based feminist sex toy shop, Early to Bed. I am very much looking forward to my first day.

No comments: