Tuesday, July 29, 2008

Size Obsession

This has been pretty big news lately so many of you may have already heard about this, but I think it is so fabulous that it needs to be written about again and again until people really get the point. Keira Knightley, the second highest paid actress in Hollywood, has put her foot down and told studios that she does NOT want her breasts digitally enhanced in her new movie's publicity photos. She says she's very happy with the breasts she has. For more info and a video that interviews feministing's Courtney Martin click on the picture below.



And for even more American size obsession check out Vagzilla! on Scarleteen.com for a humorous and educational take on genital size.

1 comment:

M's pet said...

I'm really glad to hear this--it was starting to bug me that they were enhancing her boobs in every single movie. (I'm not opposed to it used sparingly, just like I'm not opposed to dyed hair for the sake of character, but I'm pretty hard-pressed to find a situation where bigger boobs are actually necessary for the role.)

I think that when we've got more varied breasts out there (just as we have many varied hair colours), it'll present a wider range of role models.

Also, I shouldn't write comments at three in the morning.